- Colorado Child Care Regulations
- Printer-friendly Rules Regulating Child Care Facilities
The Secretary of State's website is your official source for updated and current rules.
The below printer-friendly rules have been created for your convenience.
- 7.701 - General Rules for Child Care Facilities (en español)
- 7.702 - Rules Regulating Child Care Centers (Less than 24-Hour Care), eff. 12/01/2021 (en español) Currently under revision to incorporate new child care center rules effective 12/1/2021.
- 7.706 - Rules Regulating Day Treatment Centers
- 7.707 - Rules Regulating Family Child Care Homes (en español)
- 7.711 - Rules Regulating Children's Resident Camps
- 7.712 - Rules Regulating School-Aged Child Care Centers (en español)
- 7.714 - Quality Standards for Twenty-Four (24) Hour Child Care
- 7.716 - Colorado School Readiness Quality Improvement Program
- 7.719 - Rules Regulating Special Activities
- 7.720 - Rules Regulating Neighborhood Youth Organizations
- 7.730 - Rules Regulating Substitute Placement Agencies
- Administrative Guides for Rules Regulating Child Care Facilities
The Division of Early Care and Learning is developing administrative guides to accompany rules regulating child care facilities. The guide serves to clarify, and ensure the proper and consistent interpretation and implementation of, child care rules. The guide also provides the rationale behind rules and links to resources to help programs comply with the rules.
- Administrative Guide: General Rules Regulating Child Care Facilities 7.701
- Administrative Guide: Rules Regulating Child Care Centers 7.702
- Administrative Guide: Rules Regulating Family Child Care Homes 7.707
- Administrative Guide: Rules Regulating School-Aged Child Care Centers 7.712
- Administrative Guide: Rules Regulating Children's Resident Camps 7.711
- Interpretive Memorandums
- New Center Resources
Click here to access the folder containing forms and checklists for licensed child care programs. The folder includes the following:
- Consultation Form on for Non-Health & Safety Rules
- Child Care Center Inspection Requirements this is a checklist for existing rules and new health & safety rules that are effective 12/1/2021
- Statement of Policies and Procedures Checklist for Child Care Centers
- Children’s Records Form
- Staff Records Form
- Emergency Drill Log
- Early Childhood Teacher and Director Substitute Log
- Staff Signature Page
- Child Abuse Reporting Form
- Director Qualification Chart
- Early Childhood Teacher Qualification Chart
The Department of Early Childhood will be providing a statewide waiver for licensed family child care home providers as an emergency relief effort to support families struggling to find infant and toddler care throughout the state. Licensed providers will not be required to submit any additional paperwork to utilize this option. The family child care home waiver reduces the current age requirement that allows a licensed provider to care for 2 children under 2 years of age to now care for 2 children under the age of 18 months.
- Family Child Care Home Waiver
Starting December 15, 2021:
- A regular family child care home licensed provider will be allowed to care for up to two children under the age of 18 months.
- A three under two licensed provider can care for three children under the age of 18 months and no more than 2 under 12 months.
- A large family child care home licensed provider can care for two children under the age of 18 months.
- The experienced licensed provider chart will now allow for the following options for caring for children under 18 months, with no more than 2 children under 12 months.
Questions? Contact the Child Care Licensing & Administration Unit:
Child Care Licensing and Administration
Division of Early Care and Learning, CDE
1575 Sherman Street, 1st Floor
Denver, CO 80203
Phone: 1-800-799-5876 or 303-866-5948